The Admissions Process
Four simple steps and you could be on your way to joining our Sacred Heart family.
Do your homework
There are lots of options in Halifax for your child’s education, and we encourage you to explore them all. Here are some pro tips about how to assess if a school is right for you:
- Do you feel welcome when you first walk into the school?
- Do other parents speak highly about the school?
- Does the school’s value system match yours? Do they even have a value system?
- Is the school guided by a Strategic Plan you have confidence in?
- Are there extra resources like learning specialists, counselling, and support services for your child in case you need them?
- What technology exists in the classroom and in the school?
- Are there lots of clubs and extra-curricular opportunities for your child to take part in?
- If it’s not a public school, is it certified by an independent, reputable accrediting body which gives you a guarantee of quality?
Once you’ve done your research you will have questions. That’s what we’re here for! You can start here with our Frequently Asked Questions, or you can connect with Marie Reyes, our friendly Admissions Director. She has a wealth of information.
Now that you know Sacred Heart is a good fit for your family, it’s time to apply. The online application is easy, free, and takes very little time. Once we receive your application, we’ll be in touch to arrange a tour if you haven’t already been in, and an appointment for your child’s assessment.
Once you receive your letter of acceptance, you need to complete the enrollment process by submitting the online enrollment contract and the non-refundable enrollment deposit. At that time, you can choose the tuition payment plan that suits your family. Click here to learn more about Tuition Assistance.
“Sacred Heart School has been an amazing experience for my children, who have been attending since 2017. The teachers are supportive and nurture the students’ social, emotional and academic growth. Teachers, principals and staff are accessible. SHSH has been an exceptionally positive experience for my children!”