“Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to the building of community as a Christian value.”
If there is one word that defines life at Sacred Heart, it is “community”. For us, all meaningful learning is rooted in relationships, and that is the reason why building community is so important. That community building extends far beyond the classroom and includes our parents, alums, our local community, or Sacred Heart network, and the rest of the world as well. To do so we emphasize the importance of being welcoming and supportive of each other and when you walk through the doors of the school you will inevitably sense that welcoming spirit in every interaction.
The Goal 4 Criteria:
1. The school implements an ongoing plan for educating both adults and students in the heritage and mission of Sacred Heart education.
2. The school promotes a safe and welcoming environment in which each person is valued, cared for and respected.
3. Adult members of the school model and teach skills needed to build community and practice clear, direct and open communication.
4. The school has programs that teach the principles of nonviolence, conflict resolution and peacemaking.
5. The school makes a deliberate effort to recruit students and employ faculty and staff of diverse races, ethnicities and backgrounds.
6. The financial aid program effectively supports socioeconomic diversity. 7. The school participates actively in the national and international Network of Sacred Heart schools.
5820 Spring Garden Rd, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 1X8